What I DON'T Wish For You

This 2012, I DON'T wish for you...........................

....the cake or soufflé that emerges golden and domed, and deflates as you watch

.....the long awaited phone call that turns out to be the wrong number


.....the face that lights up at the sight of you, but passes by to someone just behind ;-)

......the perfect sale shoes half a size too small



.....the TV show you sit up until midnight to watch only to find you've seen it before

......(for all expats) the TV show you sit up until midnight to watch only to find they are not showing the original version, but dubbed in foreign tongues



.....the mutual love that turns out not to be

.....the wrongly delivered parcel

......the daffodils that never open but rot in the bud



Here's a few of mine:

I do NOT wish :

*more fat cells to move onto my hips and thighs and continue living rent-free. You will be evicted this year you little buggers.

* more toxic friends; friends that only contact you when they need something;
that leave me gasping for air and emotionally drained when I've been with them.

* to hear any more about the Kardashian sisters/family. Talentless fame just irritates me.

* to become obsessed about what I eat ; protein vs carbs, trans fats, E numbers........the list gets longer every year. I just want to make small, healthy changes every day.

* that fear stops me from moving forward

* that Mother Nature doesn't bestow us with more natural disasters as in 2011. I think last year she was laughing at us, saying "I told you so. Abuse the earth and this is what happens". OK, we get the message. Enough Mother Nature!!! ;-)

Apart from the obvious such as bad health, divorce etc. What do you not wish for yourselves in 2012?



Follow Me on Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. Oh mine's off to a bad start already, I'd just like my present round of woes to be my last for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this...you had me laughing on some of them. I always love the pictures you choose for your posts too. ~~Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious post! I agree with everything on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! I agree with you! I wish for no illness for my loved ones this year. The past few years have been rough in that category!

    Hope you're having a great weekend, sweets! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. TY lovely ladies for you comments.
    @Tabitha-sorry yours has got off to a bad start. You mean more than the oven packing up has happened? Sending you hugs that won't solve your problems, but want you to know I'm thinking of you Sweets xx
    @ Leigh-TY Angel
    @Bliss-TYSM. I'm getting the hang of images-finally!!
    @ LR-great to see you; it's been a while xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Vanessa...here's what I DON'T wish for...another year of waking up with sleep wrinkles that make me look like Scarface for hours...long plane journeys with screaming babies and walking barefoot into one of my cat's hairballs. I'll have to force myself to stop there! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list Vanessa and funny too. 'little buggers' had me laughing. When we first moved into our new house our retired neighbour waved and smiled at me. I walked towards him thinking he wanted to say hi or tell me something. Next thing I see his wife walking up the long driveway we share. I slunk back to the clothesline completely humiliated and hoping he hadn't noticed me. I don't wish this for anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this post... I will have to agree with Sulky Kittens comment... yeah waking up with a creased face (One side mind) is so not hot...
    I lol at the waiting up for that programme or film only to find it's been dubbed! Ahhhh!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post, Vanessa :) I love each and every phrase :)

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi darling Vanessa. Let's see ... I DO NOT wish to be filled with any regrets for things untried, accomplishments not met or dreams or trips unplanned when I get to New Years Eve 2012/13! Thank you for being such a lovely twitter and blogging buddy, Vanessa. I'm very blessed. And thank you for your sweet comments on Ooh La Frou Frou (mean a lot), for your well wishes, compliments and I too wish ALL the best and most success to you in the coming year! XoX

    Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Vanessa!! I also do not wish that I will let bullies have power over me, let fear keep me from trying what I love, and let difficult things keep me down for long. :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't wish to sabotage myself in living a healthy lifestyle. I also don't wish getting upset at family members' bad behavior or hurtful comments hurled in my direction like a Malotov cocktail. I will flutter my wings and rise above it all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am with you Vanessa...especially not wishing that I become obsessed with what I eat...the 'M' word is hanging about and I wish I did not have to think about that!

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha, I really enjoyed this post. Especially after reading the last one. I am on agreement with all, I also wish for no more fat cells, Kardashian drama, deflated soufflés and too small shoes. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwh! TYSM ALL you lovely friends for your comments. You all make blogging such a pleasure (and writing doesn't come that easily/naturally to me ;-) So your lovely comments mean such a lot
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Vanessa!
    I so enjoy these post. I agree! Enough with the Kardashian's. I wish for no more family drama with my mom and no more new little wrinkles that seem to coming my way. LOL

    Always a pleasure,
    Dee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love that photo at the top and i agree with your wish list - less toxic and superficial friendships.

    Wishing you a briiliant year ahead Vanessa!
    Reese
    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!